Sunday, November 23, 2008

Eucalyptus Candle Henri Bendel

Literary Prize "Attilio Tabaglio"

Towards the end of 2007, known for "The Journal of Brescia" an article about the literary prize "Attilio Tabaglio" inviting all residents in Lombardy to send a story to attend the event.
E 'for some years that I am writing short stories (some of them posted here on the blog) but not I never had a trial by a "insider", so I decide to participate. The common name is organizing the event, Concesio, learn how to participate, deliver the necessary copies and not think about it anymore.
After almost a year I receive a call from the secretary of the municipality that tells me point blank that have proven to be the winner of my category (from twenty years old and over). A moment of silence with a joke and I think one of the few friends who know of it, but then I realize it's true. I have a moment of happiness, I'm happy, but inside me I try to downplay it ... basically it is a local initiative. But I'm wrong, I seek information and realize that instead of this literary prize is something important, especially for me.
the day of the awards appears in the newspaper the poster

... hell, even Piero Dorfles ... and reading "attorale"
The evening's award ceremony was held just fine, and the other from a reading of ranked first stories there is a musical interlude (a singer, a violin, a cello and a guitar), reading attorale the creeps ... then the awards ceremony itself ...


At the end of the evening is the most incredible thing happened and really embarrassing a lot of people have approached me to congratulate, to comment, to congratulate me and me I could not believe these moments of "minor celebrity".
So a nice evening.
forgot: the story can be found by clicking "stories" in the labels on the right

0 comments:

Post a Comment